There’s bad news but…
Did you hear the news?
A new report shows that homelessness in Los Angeles has risen 23% since 2016. Now, there’s over 57,000 homeless people living on the streets of our city.
Even Mayor Eric Garcetti says that there’s “no sugarcoating the bad news.”
But we have some good news to share with you too:
Here are some ways YOU can help the homeless of Los Angeles through Food on Foot:
1. Volunteer and distribute hot, nutritious meals on any Sunday in Hollywood.
2. Make a gift and help provide work clothes and bus passes for the homeless.
3. Make the biggest impact by joining the $98 Club. Through this Club, you will help more homeless people leave the streets with a full-time job, an apartment they can afford, and a new life filled with confidence! Click HERE for more information on joining the $98 Club.
4. Sponsor a Sunday Serving and distribute food with your own private group of up to 30 friends, family members or co-workers! Call us at (310) 860-0022 for more details.
Our AWESOME $98 Club members recently changed a life!
We are so proud to announce that on May 23rd, Randy U. (pictured above) earned his way out of homelessness. He now has a full-time job at Bottega Louie in downtown Los Angeles, and his very own apartment!
“Food on Foot really helped me change my negative thoughts. They made me face my fears and think in new ways. Food on Foot is my miracle.”
– Randy U., Work for Food program Gray Shirt.
When you join the $98 Club, you give the gift of second chances. Your membership helps more homeless people like Randy regain their footing and earn their way back as a self-sufficient member of society.
Volunteer with us and learn how YOU can help the homeless
You can volunteer and help distribute food and clothing to the homeless! Every Sunday from 3:15 – 5:00pm. Volunteering is a fantastic way to give back while inspiring the homeless participants in our Work for Food program.
By volunteering at a Sunday serving, you’ll get a firsthand look at the appreciation that our Work for Food participants have. You’ll listen to each participant’s weekly “random acts of kindness.” Its a heartwarming way for you to see how our homeless participants are giving back.
Thank you for caring,
Food on Foot