We’re Going Strong…Thanks To You!
We’d like to thank all of you who have been supporting our homeless neighbors during this pandemic!
With Your Help:
- 2,659 nutritious meals have been distributed since March 15.
- 8,000+ hygiene items, including masks, have been donated through our Amazon Wishlist and in-person since March 15.
- Twelve Graduates in our Work for Food aftercare program are receiving full rental assistance for 4 months!
Other Exciting News:
We are pleased to announce that we have recently phased our “Green Shirts” back into the Work for Food Program!
“Green Shirts” are homeless Work for Food program participants. They are working towards earning a full-time job and their own apartment.
Our Program Directors help Green Shirts with:
- Job hunting
- Resume building
- Crisis management / counseling
- Filing for unemployment
- Finding additional homeless resources
- Credit score building
Our Green Shirts are THRILLED to be back! Here’s what they say…
“Resuming the weekly group has restored the motivation and volition to continue the work and progress towards self-sufficiency. I am thankful to have the opportunity to better myself and my situation.”
“Coming back to Food on Foot after months of quarantine was a sign that goodwill still exists…Food on Foot is my bridge back to being self-sufficient.”
“The staff as well as my peers really give me the encouragement and motivation I need to get me through my week. Thank you for having us back.”
Although this pandemic came abruptly and fiercely, your generosity is what keeps us afloat! Please consider making a one-time gift today to build upon this tremendous momentum.